The typical steps involved in selling online include:
• Customer finds product (on your website or 3rd party
• Customer can see reviews and information to allow for sale
(price, features, policy, etc.)
• May call for more details or buy right away
• Client adds to shopping cart or clicks to order
• Transaction is processed through merchant account or
other payment method
• Funds flow to your business
• Client receives confirmations and receipt
• Products or services are delivered
Examples Of Online Sales Marketplaces
Flipkart.com – Score (4.78) – Founded in 2004 with
only Rs. 400000 now in 2014 tuned over 60,000 Crore
company. After takeover of letsbuy.com now flipkart is
largest player of e-commerce of India.
• Paytm.com – Score (5.01) – Started with Mobile
Recharge and Bill Payment website now Paytm selling
everything from Home Decor, Clothing, Laptops to
Mobile at killer price
• Myntra.com :- score (5.16) Myntra.com is leading
online retailer of lifestyle and fashion products.
• Firstcry.com :- Firstcry.com India’s largest store for
Kids selling 70000+ items from 400+ top International
and Indian brands.
• Lenskart.com – Number one destination for Eyewear
Cons of online selling
Investment in learning new technology.
• Training staff.
• Customer adoption.
• Increasing management skills requirement.